"Grimaldo's Chair" is easily accessible by public transportation.
By subway from Manhattan and Brooklyn
- Take Q train to Brighton Beach stop
- For Grimaldo's Chair, exit station onto Brighton Beach Ave and take 6th St to boardwalk
- Walk south on boardwalk past Cafe Volna to the concrete gazebo
- Swimmers meet behind Grimaldo's chair, which is located on the beach beyond the gazebo
By car from Manhattan and Brooklyn
- Take Exit 2-Battery Tunnel toward I-78 & Brooklyn
- Merge onto I-478 East
- I-478 East becomes Brooklyn Queens Expressway
- Merge onto Belt Parkway E via exit on left
- Take Exit 8 to Coney Island Avenue
- Go Straight to Shore Parkway
- Turn right into Brighton 6th Street
- Turn Left onto Brighton Beach Avenue
If you plan to drive in, street parking and a municipal lot (Brighton 4th St & Brightwater Ct) are available. The Municipal parking lot is free on Sundays.