empty beach

CIBBOWS Statement About the 2020 Season

Due to the ongoing pandemic of COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all races, member and group activities until further notice. The situation in New York City is still dire, and we have no way of knowing what the summer will bring. We do not know if beaches will be open for the 2020 summer season, and we do not know when it will be safe to hold group gatherings.

During this time, we will leave membership open at the current pricing. Should you decide to become a CIBBOWS member or renew your membership from last season, we will extend your membership to the end of 2021.

Stay tuned for further information as the summer approaches. Like you, we are eager to get back in the water. If beaches do open this year, we encourage you to head out with a buddy, never alone.