August 12, 2023
10:15 am - 11:30 am
Sensory Swim is an introduction to the ocean for neuro-diverse swimmers. Participants will receive customized one to one support from trained CIBBOWS volunteers, experience the water, float, and swim a short distance (depending on ability and experience). This program will be limited to six swimmers with one volunteer coach per swimmer.
Ages 12 and older. No previous open water swim experience necessary. A responsible guardian or caregiver is required for all participants. This person does not need to participate in the swim but must be present on the beach.
What does the session involve:
- Learning about the ocean
- Experience getting in and out of the ocean
- Try floating in the ocean with support
- Try treading water (depending on ability)
- Learn safety strokes e.g. elementary backstroke
- Swim a short distance from the shore (depending on ability)
- Have fun and stay safe
Venue: Grimaldo's Chair