- August 1, 2021
10:15 am - 11:15 am
If you are not vaccinated, please consider wearing a face mask while in the group on the beach. Do not come if: 1) you or your family members are sick, 2) if you have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days OR if 3)You have had close contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case.
What does Youth OW Swimming include?
- Explain the basics of swimming in salt water versus pool swimming
- Orient swimmers to the beach, jetties, lifeguards, flags, rip currents
- Discuss swimming equipment, how to avoid chaffing, sunburn, hydration, cramps etc.
- Practice water entry
- Check the current
- Breathing in waves, surfing waves
- Try out safety strokes e.g. elementary backstroke
- Learn how to swim together
No Attendees Yet
Venue: Grimaldo's Chair