• September 28, 2021 at 7:06 am #8838
      Jennifer Kyff
      Participant

Hi Everyone,

I have been joining CIBBOWS but never coming to the beach on a weekend to do an actual open water swim. So basically I get the discount for one race and that’s it.

Just curious are practices on the weekend limited to certain months? I’m assuming lifeguards are not at the beach now? Just curious when practices kick off and when they end officially.

After hearing about the jetskis I might hold off until next year when lifeguards are back in the chairs.

• September 28, 2021 at 7:43 am #8839

Hi Jennifer. The coached swims can only go on when the beaches are open and lifeguards are on duty – therefore from Memorial Day weekend till Labor Day. Our season is officially over now. People still do swim but it’s on their own, and knowing beaches are closed and it’s technically not legal to swim off season.

• October 2, 2021 at 10:36 am #8852
      Katia Genes

Is there a chance to meet one member of CIBBOWS tomorrow Sunday Oct 3, 2021 at the beach? If yes, please let me know the time and the meeting point?
      Thank you,
      Katia

• October 2, 2021 at 11:46 am #8853

Hi Katia – there should be a bunch of people hanging out tomorrow – usually starting around 9am and lasting till early afternoon.

Reply To: CIBBOWS open water swims on Sundays
Your information: